PLEASE NOTE: APPLICATION MATERIALS FOR 2018 WILL BE AVAILABLE IN LATE NOVEMBER 2017. PLEASE CHECK BACK ON THIS PAGE THEN. WE WILL BE ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FROM JANUARY 1, 2018 TO JANUARY 31, 2018 FOR OUR 2018 REU CLASS. APPLICATIONS RECEIVED BEFORE OR AFTER THIS DATE WILL NOT BE REVIEWED.
Before applying for the Injury Science Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU) program, please download and read a description of potential REU Injury Science Program projects for 2017. Be sure to identify your top two projects from this list and indicate the project number and title on the REU Application Cover Sheet. It's also important that you read the Tips for Applying to the Injury Science REU Site found under the picture at right.
The Injury Science Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU) application includes the following required materials. (Applications missing any of these materials will not be reviewed):
- Cover sheet -- Download form here.
- Transcript (UNOFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT ONLY. WE DO NOT ACCEPT OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS.)
- Two letters of recommendation (one academic letter of recommendation is required):
- The other may be an academic or a personal recommendation.
- Letters of recommendation may be submitted by the student included in the applicant’s materials or submitted by the person making the recommendation directly to Teena Fletcher at CIRPREU@email.chop.edu.
- Both recommendations must be submitted by the application deadline. Applicants missing one or both recommendations will not be reviewed. Please be sure to follow up with persons providing letters of recommendation to make sure they are submitted on time. Applications will NOT be reviewed if BOTH references are not submitted by January 31, 2018.
- An essay of 500 words or less -- Download here.
The essay must address:
- What REU project(s) are you most interested in? Why?
- What are your goals for the internship?
- How has your past experience prepared you for your preferred Injury Science REU project?
Submitting Applications for the Injury Science REU at CIRP: Please send all completed application materials (in one email) to: Teena Fletcher, administrative coordinator, at CIRPREU@email.chop.edu. Applications may also be faxed to her at 215-590-5425.