The Injury Science REU 2018 Class at the Philadelphia Museum of Art.
PLEASE NOTE: WE WILL BE ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FROM DECEMBER 17, 2018 TO JANUARY 31, 2019 FOR OUR 2019 REU CLASS. APPLICATIONS RECEIVED BEFORE OR AFTER THIS DATE WILL NOT BE REVIEWED. Download and read tips for applying.
Before applying for the 2019 Injury Science Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU) program, please read the description of the 2019 REU Injury Science REU projects below to learn about the research projects that we will be conducting next summer.
The 2019 Injury Science Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU) application includes the following required materials (applications missing these materials will not be reviewed):
1. 2019 Cover sheet - Download form here.
Choose a project of interest from the following list of potential 2019 summer research projects:
- Data Engineering: Analysis of Crash Data
- Understanding Factors Contributing to Crashes and Near Crashes Among Risky Drivers Using Naturalistic Driving Data
- Biomechanical Response and Driver Reaction Time during Pre-Crash Maneuvers
- Safe Mobility: A User-Based Approach to Transportation Safety
- Translational Research to Develop & Evaluate Aggression and Bullying Prevention Programs for Urban Youth
- Examining the Neural and Neuropsychological Factors Underlying Risky Driving Behavior and Crashes in Developing Teen Drivers.
- Objective Diagnostic Tools for Youth Concussions
- Understanding the Needs of Teen Drivers with Developmental Disabilities
***ONLY STUDENTS FROM CHEYNEY UNIVERSITY OF PENNSYLVANIA AND LINCOLN UNIVERSITY, PA ARE ELIGIBLE TO APPLY FOR THE FOLLOWING TWO PROJECTS:
- Video Analysis of Head Impact Sensor Data
- Urinary Biomarker in Mild Traumatic Brain Injury
Click here for the 2019 REU Project Descriptions document for more details.
2. Transcript (UNOFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT ONLY. WE DO NOT ACCEPT OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS.)
3. Current Resume
4. Two Letters of Recommendation (One Academic Letter of Recommendation Is Required)
- The other may be an academic or a personal recommendation.
- Both recommendations must be submitted by the application deadline. Applicants missing one or both recommendations will not be reviewed. Please be sure to follow up with persons providing letters of recommendation to make sure they are submitted on time. Applications will NOT be reviewed if BOTH references are not submitted by January 31, 2019.
5. An Essay of 500 Words or Less (Read the essay directions here.)
- The Essay Must Address:
- How has your past experience prepared you for your preferred Injury Science REU project?
- What are your goals for the internship?
- What 2019 REU project(s) are you most interested in? Why?
Please send all completed application materials in one email to: Teena Fletcher-Horton, administrative coordinator, at CIRPREU@email.chop.edu. Applications may also be faxed to her at 215-590-5425.
Students interested in pursuing a clinical degree in healthcare, please feel free to apply to the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia Research Institute Summer Scholars Program (CRISSP).