Questions About REU Application Requirements? Please contact: Carol Murray, MSS, MLSP, Training Manager.
PLEASE NOTE: WE WILL BE ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FROM JANUARY 1, 2018 TO JANUARY 31, 2018 FOR OUR 2018 REU CLASS. APPLICATIONS RECEIVED BEFORE OR AFTER THIS DATE WILL NOT BE REVIEWED.
Before applying for the Injury Science Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU) program, please download and read a description of 2018 REU Injury Science projects to learn about the research projects we are conducting at the Center for Injury Research and Prevention at CHOP and download and read tips for applying.
The 2018 Injury Science Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU) application includes the following required materials (applications missing these materials will not be reviewed):
- 2018 Cover sheet -- Download form here.
- Transcript (UNOFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT ONLY. WE DO NOT ACCEPT OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS.)
- Current Resume
- Two letters of recommendation (one academic letter of recommendation is required):
- The other may be an academic or a personal recommendation.
- Letters of recommendation may be submitted by the student included in the applicant’s materials or submitted by the person making the recommendation directly to Teena Fletcher-Horton at CIRPREU@email.chop.edu.
- Both recommendations must be submitted by the application deadline. Applicants missing one or both recommendations will not be reviewed. Please be sure to follow up with persons providing letters of recommendation to make sure they are submitted on time. Applications will NOT be reviewed if BOTH references are not submitted by January 31, 2018.
An essay of 500 words or less -- Download here. The essay must address:
- What 2018 REU project(s) are you most interested in? Why?
- What are your goals for the internship?
- How has your past experience prepared you for your preferred Injury Science REU project?
Please send all completed application materials in one email to: Teena Fletcher-Horton, administrative coordinator, at CIRPREU@email.chop.edu. Applications may also be faxed to her at 215-590-5425.
Students interested in pursuing a clinical degree in healthcare, please feel free to apply to the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia Research Institute Summer Scholars Program (CRISSP).