2019 CIRP Student Research Day Award Winners (left to right): Kayla Sansevere, Meta Austin, and Maya Thirkill
While we are hopeful for an in-person internship this summer, a hybrid or remote internship is likely and students should continue to monitor the website for more information.
Applications for the 2020 Injury Science Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU) program are now closed. Applications for the 2021 Injury Science Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU) program will open in December 2020. Check back in late November 2020 for up-to-date application information.
If you're interested in applying for the 2021 Injury Science Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU) program, your application must include the following required materials (applications missing these materials will not be reviewed):
1. Transcript (UNOFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT ONLY. WE DO NOT ACCEPT OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS.)
2. Current Resume
3. Two Letters of Recommendation (One Academic Letter of Recommendation Is Required)
- The other may be an academic or a personal recommendation.
- Both recommendations must be submitted by the application deadline. Applicants missing one or both recommendations will not be reviewed. Please be sure to follow up with persons providing letters of recommendation to make sure they are submitted on time.
4. An Essay of 500 Words or Less
- The Essay Must Address:
- How has your past experience prepared you for your preferred Injury Science REU project?
- What are your goals for the internship?
- What 2021 REU project(s) are you most interested in? Why?
Questions? Please email CIRPREU@email.chop.edu.
Students interested in pursuing a clinical degree in healthcare, please feel free to apply to the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia Research Institute Summer Scholars Program (CRISSP).