Research In Action
Research In Action
As we kick off the New Year, all of us at the Center for Injury Research and Prevention are excited to share the release of three new websites in our digital communications family. The first two, injury.research.chop.edu and cchips.research.chop.edu, have been around for more than a decade but needed a best practices refresh to better reach you, our partners in pediatric injury prevention. The third, violence.chop.edu, showcases the violence prevention research and programs we have been leading through the Violence Prevention Initiative in a new home – the Center for Violence Prevention at CHOP – dedicated to reducing exposure to and impact of violence among children, adolescents, and families.
The designs of the new sites are brighter, more engaging, and easier to navigate. We also feel that they better align us with the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia Research Institute, which we are proud to be part of as a Center of Emphasis.
We thank you for your input over the years about our content and look forward to hearing from you about our new web presence. To help you explore the new sites, here are some highlights from each to check out:
- Research In Action Blog: With 70,000+ views in 2020, our blog showcases important ideas in child injury prevention, as well as new research and tools to keep children, adolescents, and young adults safe from both intentional and unintentional injury.
- Minds Matter Concussion Program: This line of research at CIRP was recently named a CHOP Frontier Program and focuses on rapidly translating cutting-edge research to improve the diagnosis and treatment of concussion to optimize individual outcomes.
- Training Opportunities: The expanded section includes training testimonials from undergraduates to postdocs and information on our highly competitive Injury Science Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU) Program, sponsored by the National Science Foundation.
- Educational Resources: Easily access videos, webinars, podcasts, reports, and other resources organized by research area: child passenger safety, Minds Matter Concussion Program, pediatric traumatic stress, and teen driving safety.
- Research Portfolio: This section has been expanded to showcase individual projects by year (including multi-year lines of research), principal investigator, and research topic (child restraint design and performance, consumer/driver behavior, crash avoidance and autonomous vehicles, dummy biofidelity/human body models, and vehicle restraint performance).
- Publications: Read abstracts from CChIPS-funded research in prestigious peer-reviewed journals.
- About CChIPS: Learn about the CChIPS research process and priority topic areas, and meet the researchers and leadership behind this unique industry/academic partnership.
- About CVP: Learn about the Center for Violence Prevention at CHOP’s mission, leaders, partners, sponsors, and more.
- Research and Programs: The Center applies a research-to-action-to-impact approach to address exposure to and impact of violence in the lives of the youth and families it serves by developing, implementing, and evaluating evidence-based programs and initiatives.
- Types of Violence Involving Youth: In this section, learn about how children and youth experience violence in many forms as victims, offenders, or witnesses.
- Educational Resources: Access resources and violence prevention education tools for families, adolescents, community members, and educators, including webinars, fact sheets, and videos.
We’re excited to continue producing high-quality, comprehensive research and engaging with new stakeholders along the way. We’re grateful for this opportunity and look forward to sharing our research findings and evidence-based resources with you throughout 2021.