The Fifth Annual Minds Matter: Concussion Care for Kids symposium is a one-day event intended for clincians and school personnel who are involved in the management, the return-to-school and return-to-physical activity of students with concussion. The symposium provides professionals from multiple disciplines with an oppportunity to receive continuing education credits, including physicians, nurses, physical therapists and athletic trainers.
- Recognize the signs and symptoms of concussion
- Evaluate, diagnose and inititiate appropriate management of acute concussion
- Discuss the role of neurocognitve testing within a comprehensive treatment plan for concussion
- Implement academic accommodations and classroom management of the concussed student
- Review rehabilitative and counseling approaches in managing a patient with prolonged recovery
- Adddress behavioral and mental health issues as they interect with concussion
The course will be taught by14 expert faculty from Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania, University of Pittsburgh, State University of New York, and Harvard Medical School/ Boston Children's Hospital.
**Like what you’ve read? Subscribe to Research in Action to have the latest in child injury prevention delivered to your inbox.**