The Center for Child Injury Prevention Studies (CChIPS) is pleased to announce the speakers and topics for the 2018 Advances in Child Injury Prevention (ACIP) Conference, which will be held May 30-31 in Plymouth, MI.
Each year, CChIPS convenes child occupant safety professionals from industry, government, and organizations involved in research and development, product design, and safety policy and regulation to hear the latest research in traffic safety for children and adolescents. Attendees learn about recent findings in an informal setting that promotes open group discussion following each presentation.
Additional conference details are included below. For more information on CChIPS, please visit our website.
The keynote will be given by Costandinos Visvikis, Manager of Industrial Relations Child Safety for CYBEX GmbH, on “UN Regulation No. 129 and the Challenges and Opportunities for CRS Manufacturers.”
Other topics will include:
- Usability of Non-standard Lower Anchor Spacing for Child Restraint System (CRS) Installations
- Response of the 6-year-old Occupant in Booster Child Seats Across Crash Directions
- Analysis of Near Crashes Among Teen, Young Adult, and Experienced Adult Drivers Using the SHRP2 Naturalistic Driving Study
- Advanced Driver Assistance Systems for Teen Drivers: Teen and Parent Impressions, Perceived Need, and Intervention Preferences
- Forward Facing Child Restraint and ATD Response during Oblique Impacts to Three Different Lower Attachment Methods
- Driving Behaviors of Parents with Children Ages 4-10 Years
- Influence of CRS Fit on Far Side Impacts
- The Anatomy of Thorax and Shoulder
- Development of a Surrogate Seatbelt Retractor for Child Restraint Testing Human Statistical Body Shape Models
- The Neural and Psychological Factors Underlying Capacity to Drive
- Effect of Age on Human Movement During In-Vehicle On-Road Pre-Crash Maneuvers
- Ensuring Children Can Ride Safely in Self-driving Vehicles
Date: Wednesday, May 30 and Thursday, May 31, 2018
Location: The Inn at St. John's, Plymouth, MI
Time: Evening Reception on May 30th: 5pm – 7pm / Conference on May 31st: 8am – 4:30pm
Registration Fees: $195 (Note: If your company has five or more attendees, you are eligible for a reduced fee of $145.)
To Register: https://2018acip.eventbrite.com
To Access the Full Agenda: Click here
Child Passenger Safety (CPS) CEU Credit: In-person attendance and an agenda signed off on by event staff will provide you with 4.5 CPS CEU credits.
Questions? Please contact Patricia Harris at firstname.lastname@example.org.
**Like what you’ve read? Subscribe to Research in Action to have the latest in child injury prevention delivered to your inbox.**