As part of the Minds Matter: Improving Pediatric Concussion Care project at CIRP, a series of educational resources has been developed for use by teachers, coaches, health care providers and parents to help children and youth optimize their recovery from a concussion injury. A website, infographics, posters, facts sheets, and short videos provide evidence-based, best practice information and tips for concussion education. Congressional testimony on pediatric traumatic brain injury provides expert perspective for policymakers and advocates.
Concussion Care for Kids: Minds Matter
This family and stakeholder-friendly Website is a comprehensive on line resource about pediatric concussion management.
Minds Matter: The Truth on Concussions
This series of colorful materials provides concussion stakeholders with helpful information presented in relatable terms for youth and parents.
Concussion Education Infographics
Click on links below to share engaging JPG graphics in e-blasts, e-newsletters, school and team websites, and over social media to spread the word about recognizing concussion and supporting a young person’s recovery. You can also use your tablet or iPad to scroll through and explain an infographic with a youth or parent.
- What are the Symptoms of Concussion?
- How Concussions Happen
- How Brain Rest Works for Recovery
- Road to Recovery
- Speak the Truth on Concussions
Concussion Education Posters
Download these PDF files and take them to your favorite printer. They are formatted to print as 11x17” posters and also work as 8.5x11” flyers.
- What are the Symptoms of Concussion? Download poster
- How Concussions Happen Download poster
- How Brain Rest Works for Recovery Download poster
- Road to Recovery Download poster
- Speak the Truth on Concussions Download poster
- Mythbusters Download poster
Concussion Education Fact Sheets
Easy-to-print, 2-page fact sheets put concussion facts at parent's fingertips, help families log symptoms and recovery milestones
- Understanding Your Child’s Concussion - Facts about Concussion Download Facts
- Helping Your Child Recover – Return to Learn and Return to Play plans Download Plans
- Concussion Worksheet Log Download Log
Congressional Testimony on Pediatric Traumatic Brain Injury
- In Spring 2012, CIRP Founder and Scientific Director Flaura Winston, MD, PhD testified before the Subcommittee on Health of the Energy and Commerce Committee in the House of Representatives about traumatic brain injury in children. Dr. Winston's testimony recommended a public health framework to reduce the number and severity of pediatric brain injuries. Download Dr. Winston's Congressional Testimony